Themis Group, a marketing/media company focused on online games and communities, is seeking an experienced web developer with a passion for games and gaming to join our team. We're looking for someone that is knowledgeable and flexible enough to jump in and make things happen.
Come work in a small, young company with a casual atmosphere (pants required) where you will always have something interesting to work on, and interesting people to work with. Be warned, you must pick a side in the Pirate vs. Ninja debate - Pinjas are not a permitted compromise.
As a web developer at Themis, you'll be jumping right into web development work in a LAMP environment, working on a variety of different projects, including:
- Developing and implementing custom client websites.
- Maintaining and updating existing web properties.
- Designing and implementing new features in our custom CMS.
- Building and deploying community features on existing media properties.
Past client projects include the award-winning Heroes Mini, Settlers Mini, Merc-Y, and Death Star Designer. Our own properties include The Escapist Magazine and WarCry Network. If these subjects interest you, you're already a good fit.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience, 3-5 preferred, developing dynamic websites.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented PHP and MySQL.
- Good communications skills, and the ability to work with a small team.
- Good organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
In addition, ideal candidates will have one, many, or all of the following:
- Experience with MMOGs, online games, and online communities.
- Experience and knowledge of current PC and console games.
- Basic familiarity with image editing programs. (Photoshop, Corel, GIMP)
- Familiarity with the Prototype library.
- Solid design skills and a grasp of current web UI trends.
- Ability to debate differences between Kirk and Picard without resorting to violence.
Compensation & Benefits
This position is for a full-time salaried employee at our office in Durham, NC - just outside RTP. Compensation ranges between $29,000-$59,000 depending on knowledge and experience, with a benefits package and perks including flexible hours and a casual atmosphere.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume, including examples of previous work, to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Web Developer in the subject.
This job listing is for an onsite position in Durham, NC. Remote or contract workers will not be considered.