Based in Durham, NC, Themis Group, Inc. is a privately-held holding company that founds, incubates, and operates businesses in new media and interactive entertainment.
Founded in 2001 by Thomas Kurz and Alexander Macris, Themis Group created one of the first online social communities for games (WarCry), pioneered the first interactive gaming company to focus on community building, player retention and MMO support services (TAP Interactive), and founded the prestigious video game destination The Escapist.
Themis Group is currently focused on its interactive entertainment properties, operated under the Themis Media brand, which includes WarCry, The Escapist, All Game News, and other sites reaching in excess of 4.5mm unique visitors every month.
- Top 35 Winning Workplace, 2007 Wall St Journal Winning Workplace competition
- Best Interactive Promotional Game, 2007 MI6 Awards
- Best Video Game Related Website (The Escapist), 2008 Webby Award
- Best Video Game Related Website (The Escapist), 2008 People's Voice Award
- Best Video Game Related Website (The Escapist), 2009 Webby Award